Saturday, October 17, 2009

Festival meant for.....?

As it is the day to rejoice, I could remember to post my views on festivals, celebration and what festival actually means. Before I jot down my views, I wish a prosperous and (may be belated) happy Diwali to all the spectators.

Let me come to my point...


Diwali 


         A happy day with all the love you receive from family and friends along with the sweets, new dresses and off course the blasting crackers. Let me get you the obvious stuff out of the way. All have the same idea, why the festival has been celebrated by Hindus. The answer from the mouth of all is "the celebration of the day, Lord Krishna killed the Evildoer named Naragasura and people celebrated the day they freed from him by lighting deepas (lamps)". The believers of this concept please pay the attention to the following.

      Being a little atheist I have a different opinion about this. It is believed, by the Hindu Philosophy, that God lived in the world million years ago even before our great great grand parents lived. But unfortunately the human beings are from the evolutionary development of monkeys and the human existence is since last few centurions. This apparently shows that this is a constructive imagination from a source point. Ok, let me get you to the people's theory about the festival who are at different levels.

Worker:
  • The day they can get extra money, so called bonus from their employer.
  • A break in their continued routine work, etc etc.
Students:
  • The day they can get a series of holidays from school/college.
  • Accumulate one more dress in the stack and that too new one.
  • Can watch out newly releasing films, etc etc.     
And I can add upon the queue but all should have been understood whats my point by this time. Yeah, my point is that, Whatever it may be the reason to celebrate it, you must make it a day to unite and share love with all, rightly wise man is the source point who created festival concept for the same purpose.

Not only Diwali but also other festivals meant for the same reason from some source. Let us thank the source and do what it meant for. Right? Got it?

As I'm Hindu by birth I could give you this example and I'm sure every religion have the same pattern. And I could give other example (regardless of religion as I'm secularist too) from my search and research so far. I may add upon points on festivals, so keep watching the post. Thank you.


3 comments:

  1. One thing you forget kamal, "india thol(l)ai katchigalil muthan murai aha""nigaltchigalai parungal.suthanthara thinathai (kudiarasu thinathe& fill any religoius festival also)portungal ,sudandara thinathe kondadungal"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamal I also forget "thiraikku vandhu sila mathangale aana(later they will announce thiraiyil vandu sila natkale odia or thiraikke varamal chinna thiraikku neradiaga vantha)padam.

    ReplyDelete